NEWS PAPERS/ MAGAZINES
- First newspaper published in Kerala.
- Published on 1847
- Established by Herman Gundert. He belongs to Basal Mission, which was headquarted at Thalassery in Kerala.
- The newspaper was published from Eillikunnathu Bunglow, Thalassery, Kannur.
- It stopped publishing in the year 1849.
- Second newspaper published from Kerala.
- Published in the year 1847.
- It was published by Herman Gundert from Eillikunnathu Bunglow, Thalassery, Kannur.
- It was the first Science magazine in Mlayalam.
- It started publishing in the year 1867.
- Established by W. H. Moore, Kottayam.
- First newspaper to be banned in Travancore/ Kerala.
- Started in 1918.
- Founder : Raman Menon
- First editor : Kunnathu Janardhanan Menon.
- First socialist newspaper in Malayalam.
- Published in 1934 from Shornoor.
- First editor : E. M.S. Nampoothiripadu
VI. Al- Ameen
- Started in 1924 from Kozhikode.
- Founder : Muhammed Abdul Rahman ( Subash Chandra Bose of Kerala).
- First General Secretary of Forward Block in Kerala.
- Leader of Salt satyagraha in Kozhikode- Muhammed Abdul Rahman.
- Published in 1923 from Kozhikode.
- Founder : K. P. Kesava Menon.
- First chief editor : K. P. Kesava Menon.
- First Managing Director : K. Madhavan Nair.
- First Publisher : Korror Neelakandan Pillai
- It became a daily in 1930 with respect to salt satyagraha.
- Started on 1905 from Anchutengu, Trivandrum.
- First editor : Chirainkeezhu C. P. Govindan Pillai.
- Second Editor : Ramakrishna Pillai (1906).
- Founder : Vakkom Abdul Khader Moulavi.
- Shifted to Trivandrum on 1907.
- In 1910 it was banned and Ramakrishna Pillai was deported to Madras region in 1910 Sept 26.
- Ramakrishna Pillai was known by the name "keralan" and he introduced Karl Marx and Gandhiji to Keralites.
- Founder : Vakkom Abdul Khader Moulavi in 1918
- Arabi-Malayalam newspaper.
X. DEEPIKA MAGAZINE
- Founder : Vakkom Abdul Khader Moulavi in 1931.
- Started by Sahodaran Ayyappan in 1917
XII. YUKTIVAADI MAGAZINE
- Started by Sahodaran Ayyappan in 1928.
- First Yuktivaadi magazine in Kerala.
- First editor : Sahodaran Ayyappan
- Second editor : A. C. Joseph
XIII. SARAGRAHI MAGAZINE
- Started by Brahmananda Sivayogi.
XIV. MALAYALA MANORAMA
- Malayala Manorama Company started in 1888.
- Started publishing newspaper on 1890.
- First Joint Stock Company in Kerala- Mlayala Manorama.
- Founder and editor : Kandathil Varghese Mapila.
- Bhaashaposhini - Literature magazine of Malayala Manorama. Its editor was Kandatil Varghese Mapila.
- The name malayala manorama was suggested by Kerala Varma Valiya KoyiThampuram ( Kerala Kalidasa).
XV. YAJAMAANAN - VAGBHADANANDAN
XVI. AATMA VIDYA KAAHALAM - VAGBHADANANDAN
XVII.ABHINAVA KERALAM - VAGBHADANANDAN
XVII. SHIVAYOGA VILASAM - VAGBHADANANDAN
XIX. VELAKKARAN - SAHODARAN AYYAPPAN
XX. SAADHU JANA DOOTHAN - PAMBADI JOHN JOSEPH