The electromagnetic spectrum has electromagnetic waves ranging from 103m-1012m.
- It includes radio waves, microwaves, infrared, visible region, UV,X-rays and gamma rays.
- Electromagnetic wave with maximum wavelength – Radio waves.
- Waves used for communication through satellites – Micro wave.
- X-rays are electro magnetic waves with shorter wavelength.
- X-rays were discovered by Rongen.
- It is used to study the internal atomic structure of crystals.
- Hard X-rays are of higher frequencies with more penetrating power than soft X-rays.
- Hard X-rays are used in radiations and the treatment of cancer as it penetrates into the body tissues.
- Soft X-rays are used in the photography of internal parts such as chest and bone.
- The rays which appears to be originated from outside of the earth is called Cosmic rays.
- Cosmic rays were discovered by Victor Hess.
- Was discovered by William Herschel.
- Used in T.V. remotes.
- Used in distant photography.
- The heat of the sunlight is due to – Infrared rays.
- Used for detecting the adulterations in ghee and is also used for identifying the counterfeit currency.
- They causes sun burn.
- UV ray is used to disinfect equipments used for operations.
- It is used to fill inside the tube light.